Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Travel Accessories

Sweetpea Pod for our Fitbit chargers


     We recently returned from a two and a half week trip to Spain.  To keep all the cords from our electronics organized, I decided to make some organizers.

Pattern

     First I made some Sweetpea Pods from Lazy Girls Designs.  They used 10 inch squares.  I looked through my zippers and then found fabric in my stash to match.  These went together quite easily.  I did embroider on them before putting together so I would know what was in each one.  I just used the lettering that is built into my machine, nothing fancy needed.

Sweetpea Pods

     I did flip the colors to be used on the outside, two 10 inch squares make two pods.

Sweetpea Pods embroidered

     I needed a couple of bigger ones though so I pulled out another pattern, Bendy Bags again from Lazy Girl Designs.

Pattern

     I didn't think these instructions were as easy to follow, maybe I was just getting tired.  These used fat quarters.  Again I found zippers in my stash and pulled fat quarters to match.  Also because of cutting away some of the fabric, I had a harder time envisioning where I should put the embroidery.

Bendy Bag for the iPod

      All in all though I had a ton of fun picking out zippers and fabric so make these and they did go together pretty quickly.

Bendy Bag for the charger

     They really did help to keep the cords and earbuds separated and accessible.


No comments:

Post a Comment