Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Thanksgiving Pillow

Finished Thanksgiving pillow

     Here is a pillow cover I made for Thanksgiving.  I have now made a fall one, a Halloween one and now this one for the family room.

Detail of embroidery design

     The designs are from Embroidery Library that I got as a free gift with an order.  I stitched the designs on a black crinkle linen from my stash (same as my Halloween pillow and fall pillow) that I backed with a fusible stabler to give it more body.

Detail of ribbon trim

     After cutting the squares to size I added a sashing and border from the rust colored wool that I had used in my fall pillow.  I felt it needed a little something more so I found some ribbons in my stash.  Instead of sewing them, I used Jewels tape to apply them.  Looks so nice without the stitching.  Them I added a loop fringe that I got at JoAnns, same as the fall pillow.

Detail of fringe trim

     Next up is a cover for Christmas.  Look for the details and photos in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment