Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Getting closer to the wedding

It seems like I 'm just focused on the wedding preparation lately but that is kind of where I am at. I fitted the muslins on two of the bridesmaids on Saturday before the shower. I have several alterations that I need to make. The skirts fit fine, so now I have to put on the waistbands and hem them. The bride's skirt just needs to be bustled now, something I am not very good at doing. Hopefully the books I have will help. As I said, the shower was Saturday afternoon. Carol and Tammy did a great job. I am so glad I didn't have that to think about also. That evening my daughter and future son-in-law had their bachelor/bachelorette party at WhirlyBall. It is a cross between basketball and lacrosse played in bumper cars. It was great fun but I do have some major bruises from it.
In sewing class, Anna is working on her tote, Meghan finished zigzagging her edges on the blouse she is making for her sister and Sammie finished setting in the gathered sleeves for her cousins' dresses. I have been working on modifications to clothing for a client without hands.
I've finalized the menu for Thanksgiving dinner, which will be the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and registered the family to run a race that morning. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment