Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pillows

These pillows are for a client's living room. She had picked out some great fabrics and trims for these pillows and also some for her family room. Next up on the table is some window treatments for a master bedroom and bath. Today I am meeting with my web designer. Hopefully we will be putting on the final touches to my site and will be live soon.
Yesterday both Anna and Meghan missed class. Poor Anna has the flu and Meghan had a concert that had been rescheduled due to the bad weather two weeks ago. Grace is almost done with her peasant blouse, she just needs to do the hem and take out some basting stitches. Sammie has just the hems on her nightshirt to do. Lauren finished her sport shirt and started on a drawstring bag from some leftover fabric she had.
The weather has been warming up and the snow is starting to melt. I can see the patio furniture which had been totally buried in a drift two weeks ago. I hurt myself though doing more snow shoveling on Saturday. I finished clearing the final 3 feet of width on the driveway so I wouldn't keep scraping the car. The problem was that the snow was over four feet tall and the piles on the sides of the drive were over five feet tall so I was lifting and throwing the wet snow up and over it. I think I twisted one too many times and could barely walk the next morning the pain in my hip was so bad. It did ease up some and my daughter and I were able to do a 9 mile run, very slowly. On Monday my trainer said no more running for now and to ice and rest it as much as possible. It is still tight this morning but loosened up some doing an easy 45 minute elliptical workout. I just want to get back to training for the race in Nashville on April 30th.
Last Thursday I hosted our ASG meeting that we had to cancel from the previous week. We cut out bibs for Clearbrook Center and will be sewing them at home plus doing some more cutting out. Next month at our meeting we will be learning how to make a magic pinwheel table topper. It looks like a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment