Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow, Snow and More Snow

The weather has really taken a turn for the worse. Right now Lake County IL is shut down. If you are out on the roads the police will issue you a ticket. This is serious stuff right now. It has been snowing and blowing for almost 24 hours. Right now the sun is trying to come out. I have done a little shoveling but currently my husband is in the attic trying to remove the snow that is in there.


What a mess. It might be a few days before we can get back to normal. Sub zero temps are to follow.
Fortunately the Packers made it down to Dallas before they were snowed in. We are planning on having a party to watch the Super Bowl but I don't know at this point what will be happening as my sister-in-law's fiance just posted pictures from where they are snowed in in their house.
Class yesterday was cancelled yesterday due to the snow. I thought there is no way I want those moms and girls out driving in this mess. Lauren's 1 1/2 hour lesson went well. She is making a sport top from a knit so I decided to teach her howto use a serger. After threading it up, she did a little practicing and then pretty soon had most of the top sewn. I finished up the alterations I was doing and started on the pillows I am making for another client. She is having an open house on Saturday to show off her new basement so I am trying to have them done by then even though they are for the upstairs rooms. Maybe she will need a few things for her basement.
New Years Resolutions: Just no time to do a daily walk, too many other obligations. Recovery week is over so Monday was a 4 mile run followed by weights, Tuesday was a computrainer ride at 150 watts, my threshold and now today I need to do a treadmill run of 5 miles with varying speeds followed by weights again this evening. I will see if I can get to the fitness center to get on the treadmill and then wait and see if they open the roads so I can get to functional weights class at The Fitness Pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment