Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pain is Getting Better

Going to start working on a valance and cafe curtains for a client's master bedroom and bath. She finally found the fabrics she wanted. I met with my web developer last week. We went over the site with a fine tooth comb and found several errors. He will be working on correcting them while I finish writing some more copy for the site. Soon it should be up and running.
In sewing class, Anna and Sammie have dropped out temporarily while they work with the costume crew for their school play. They are so excited to be doing it. Grace finished her peasant blouse and started cutting out a nightshirt. Meghan finished her pajama pants and is eager to start on book 2. Lauren will be joining them next week while Anna and Sammie are busy.
A lot of the snow melted but then on Monday we got freezing rain which really made a mess of the morning commute. Then Tuesday morning we got another couple of inches of snow. I can't wait for spring to come.
My hip pain wasn't getting any better even after a deep tissue massage so I went to the doctor finally. She sent me for x-rays (all normal) and started me on some anti-inflamatory meds and a muscle relaxant. They are definitely helping as I can now move and walk without pain. I still can't run and that is really getting me down. I am hoping I will have enough time before the race in Nashville to get up to speed.
I have gone to two embroidery classes since last week. The first was on Friday at Sewing Source to learn about Floriani's products. The second was embroidery club at Sew 'n' Save yesterday. Pattie Otto's class was about using Texture Magic and the embroidery designs she digitized. The photo here is a pillow I did with the center being her design and the Texture Magic. I really like how it turned out. I can't wait to try some of the other designs and applications. I have also included a close up photo of the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment