Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March is Here

This photo is of some Roman shades made from a duvet cover.
March is here but the weather is still wintery. We had freezing rain on Monday which backed up my appointments but it all worked out. Met with a couple of new clients and will be working on their projects in the next few weeks. The master bedroom valance is coming along nicely. This afternoon is my CEO advisory group lunch. I am looking forward to seeing how things are going with everyone.
Yesterday's sewing class was a tad disorganized. At about 8 minutes before class was to start, a neighbor showed up with her daughter to start taking the class. We had briefly talked about the possibility of her joining the class but no definite plans were made so I was quite surprised to find her on the doorstep. Fortunately I had a packet of info already together so I was able to get her started. Lauren is almost finished with her sport shorts, Grace finished cutting out her nightshirt and did the zigzagging and Meghan cut out her sport shirt. Hopefully things will be a little calmer next week.
I went for a four mile zone 1 run on Saturday and then again this morning. The hip is still a little sore. Not sure how I am going to be able to run the half marathon in under two hours at this rate. I'm thinking it's time to see a chiropractor or acupuncturist to help with the lingering discomfort.
Saturday evening was our 12th annual chili party. We now have three categories for prizes, chili, cornbread and salsa. We had about 40 people and 14 different chilies to taste. We all had a great time.

1 comment: