Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gearing Up for Work

I am gearing up to get working on some new projects. I finished the bedroom valance for a customer, now I am just waiting for her to get the rod that she saw. When she has it we will install it all. Just ordered some lining and interlining from Rowley with their free shipping. I also ordered a staple remover. I have two chair seats to recover and started taking out some of the staples but there must be a hundred staples per seat and the screwdriver I usually use just isn't going to cut it. I also have some bathroom cafes to do and think I will finally make the shades for my own sewing room. The jogging suit alterations are done and the customer just picked it up. She was very happy with the results. This turned out to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. I had to use a metallic thread in the looper of my serger and it worked well at first and then just didn't want to cooperate later. Finally after many stops and starts I got it done. It really tested my resolve not to swear during Lent:-)
Did a webinar on Monday with Joanne Lenart Weary, Space Planning on the Fly. It was a good one and I can't wait to take her class,Color with no Regrets, in a couple of weeks down at CHF Academy.
The girls all showed up yesterday for class. Lauren finished her top at home and started on cutting out a tote bag with some fun tie-dyed, peace sign fabric. Grace has just the hems left on her nightshirt. Meghan is going to be putting on the neckband on her sport top next and Julia cut out her sewing bag and started with the pinning. She was getting discouraged about how long it was taking but the other girls assured her that it took them a long time also but that as they did more, things got quicker.
Saturday was cold and very windy. I spent 3 hours working outside in the morning with Liberty Prairie Conservancy cutting undesirable woodies while the others did the dabbing with the herbicide. When it came time for lunch I convinced them that standing around outside eating pizza would not be fun so they came to the house to eat instead. Much more enjoyable. Then I had to take an hour walk. By the time I got back I was more than ready for a hot shower and some time inside sewing.
Sunday my daughter and I did a nine mile run. It went well and I had only a little discomfort from my injury. We will start some speed work next week. This morning was a 6 miler at a slightly higher heart rate and it was fine also. Nashville here we come.
With the weather starting to warm up I have started my plants inside. I have parsley and dill started in the basement under the grow lights and several different flowers started in a 'greenhouse' in the living room window. It is actually a domed deli tray. A friend was doing it and told me about it. It really works well to start seeds. Can't wait to plant some pretty flowers in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment