Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent Begins


Today marks the beginning of Lent. Yesterday we celebrated Fat Tuesday with some delicious muffins from Something's Brewing for breakfast. A nice treat. Then it was pancakes for dinner. I even remembered to pull out my Mardi Gras tablecloth and napkins to set the dinner table.
The bedroom valance is nearly finished and then I will start on some other projects. In sewing class Lauren was sick yesterday, Grace is working on the facing for her night shirt, Meghan has the sleeves mostly sewn to the front and back of her sport shirt and Julia was excited to be finished with practice sewing and start to work on her first project, a sewing bag. She chose a gold colored fabric to make her bag. I sent out summer camp info and already have heard from a few people. I also donated a camp for the auction where my daughter teaches kindergarten. She told me a first grade girl won and she was so excited!
I ran 4 miles in low zone 2 this morning, in the rain. Ran 7 on Sunday and have to do 9 this Sunday. The race is only a month and a half away. It is feeling better to run, just don't know how it is going to be when I try to do some speed work. I am going to ask my massage therapist tomorrow for some recommendations for a chiropractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment