Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jacket Challenge #4


This is jacket number 4 from the Capri Jacket pattern from Textile Studios. This time I combined it with an old McCall's pattern, 7255. It was a vest pattern that I had made several years ago and I really liked the asymmetrical opening. The fabric was once again from my stash, a piece I had picked up at Libertyville Sewing Center. It was a pieced cotton so I looks like I did a lot of work but I didn't. I traced the new front onto the original front piece and also drafted new facing pieces.


I also drafted a larger back facing and added my initials. Then it was constructed as usual. Sewed the seams, serged them together and pressed to the back. Sewed the facing pieces together, serged the edge and sewed into place. Went together very quickly. Then added snaps for closure with lily buttons from my stash for decoration.


Then there was leftover fabric so I decided to make a matching purse. I used a pattern, The New Yorker by Purses by Design, I had picked up at the ASG conference in LA this past summer. I made view C and used handles I had bought at JoAnn Fabrics in the past. I had great difficulty sewing and turning the purse with these hard handles only to be told later that the handle can be unscrewed from the metal holder. That would have made life so much easier. Always learning something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment