Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jacket Challenge #6



Here is Jacket #6. Again using the Capri Jacket pattern from Textile Studio. This time I combined it with Grainline Gear 'My Favorite Things' vest pattern. I copied the the front styling but without any piecing.


I sewed a strip of the patterned fabric in the back with zipper 'piping' on either side. The zipper was from a jacket that I had to replace the zipper. The front was the patterned fabric with solid sleeves.


I again cut a larger back facing and added my monogram. For the hem I used a facing instead of turning up a hem.


All items were from my stash, metal buttons, crinkle linen that I had bought 7 1/2 yards on sale back in '07 and a handwoven(?) that I had gotten in a grab bag at some time that was only 34" wide. Not sure I like how this one turned out though.


See you next week with another jacket.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous jackets! Sounds like its been a fun challenge. I need to challenge myself one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete