Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jacket Challenge #5



Here we go with jacket #5. This time I combined the Capri Jacket pattern from Textile Studio with the Swing Jacket pattern from Country in the City. I copied the back with a yoke and pleat. Added cuffs to the sleeves and eliminated the v-neck and curved the top of the front of the jacket the same as the bottom.

Added a contrast 'placket' on the front right. Cream linen was used for the fronts, yoke and yoke facing. Tan linen was used for the 'placket', sleeves and lower back. A black, tan and cream plaid was used for the pleat inset and cuffs. Black buttons on the front and two buttons combined on top of the pleat in the back.


Since I still had fabric left I made a shell with the cream fabric with tan raglan 'sleeves' Sewed some cream trim over the seams on the front. I used Great Copy 1260 for the shell.


The best part was once again, everything I used was from my stash. The fabric had been bought to make some kind of outfit so long ago I can't even remember what I planning on using it for. The buttons on the back were in a jumble of mismatched buttons that I inherited from my grandmother.

I only have about 10 large containers of fabric stash left to try to use. How many jackets will I make? Not sure but it has been fun, watch for more jackets in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment