Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Purse Accessories



     Here are the latest accessories I made to go with my Florida Tote.  Because it is a large tote I was losing my smaller items.  I bought these two patterns at Sew N Save in Racine WI.  I used the leftover fabric from the tote.  I did buy three zippers and a bag of buttons at JoAnn Fabrics.











    The main turquoise linen from my skirt and tote was so very wrinkled and limp.


     Using some of Mary Ellen's Best Press I was able to have new crisp fabric to work with.
  

     Making the twin zip was a little tricky but following the instructions it went together well.  I really like the zipper application that Atkinson Designs uses in their patterns.  






     I then made the medium size zippered bag from the Zippy Strippy pattern.  By applying the buttons before sewing it all together I was able to use the sewing machine to sew them on.  A little piece of Wonder Tape held the buttons in place while I sewed them on.  So very easy.


     Aren't the buttons cute?  Did you see the tiny one on the zipper pull?  I am definitely going to make more of these.  I am thinking of some with a waterproof lining for traveling.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information about Purse Accessories.
    To know about Purse Accessories visit us our site BuildaBagStore.Com

    ReplyDelete