Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Training



     I'm right in the middle of a beginning sewing camp this week.  Next week I will post photos about everything.  Last week I didn't have a camp so I was able to catch up on some work.


     Finally finished this T-shirt quilt for a friend's daughter.  My friend is an excellent quilter but was getting ready to sell their house and move long distance.  She just didn't have the time to do it and hired me.  Her daughter had arranged the columns she wanted.  I applied the interfacing to the t-shirts, cut them to exact size and then started adding the sashing.  The quilt finished about 100" long and 84 " wide.  

     At that point after putting on the borders I knew there was no way I could do even stitch in the ditch quilting on this.  It was much too big for my machine.  My friend is going to take it to another one of our friends that does long arm quilting and hire her for that part.  It was a lot of work but I think it turned out great.

     I am almost done with the wedding dress alterations.  Just the chiffon layer needs hemming and it is not being co-operative at all.

     This past weekend was a busy training weekend for my husband and I.  We started with a race on the morning of the Fourth.  On Saturday we both had long runs, mine was 14 miles.  Sunday was a 60 mile bike ride.  That is the longest ride I have done with only minimal stopping.  I was worn out by Sunday evening.  Not sure how well our half iron distance duathlon in November is going to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment