Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tense Times



     Today's blog will be short.  I am having computer problems so I can't access my photos and on top of that I got a call from Lifeline that my mom has fallen.  I unfortunately have a client coming to the house in a little bit for a private lesson.  My daughter and her husband are on the way to my mom's right now after getting the key from me.  I hope everything is okay.

     On the bright side I did okay at my half marathon on Saturday evening.  Second in my age group, okay there were only three of us in my age group but I was only a minute and a half behind the first place person.  I had to stop during the run for a fallen runner.  As I was running around mile 6.5 I saw a group of people around someone that was passed out on the side.  I was planning on running past so as not to interfere with things or make too much of a crowd.

     However they were calling out for anyone that had water.  Very few people carry water in a race but I had a full bottle with me.  I couldn't pass them by.  I stopped so they could slowly pour the water over him to help cool him down.  Then they used my hat as a fan for a bit.  After the bottle was empty I chose to run on and make sure help was on its way.  There were several race volunteers coming against me as I was running to the next water stop and they could already see the people that were helping the man.

     Very frightening.  It was a very warm day and if you were not used to the heat and humidity it was bad.  My trainer had me backing off on my plan to do the race in under 2 hours.  She was concerned about the heat.  I ran it more conservatively and still finished at 2:05.2.

     Just heard from my daughter that my mom is okay.  She and her husband got her up and nothing seems broken.  This is getting to be a more regular occurrence.   I need to figure out with my mom what we are going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment