Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Poinsettia Pillow: Christmas 2019 Gift

Finished poinsettia pillow
     For my youngest son and his wife I made this poinsettia pillow.  I had the gold and black poinsettia fabric in my stash along with the black crinkle fabric.

Detail of the embroidery
     The design is from Urban Threads.  I used a metallic gold thread and a regular gold colored thread fro the embroidery.  Pretty sparkle. Because the black fabric was lightweight, I ironed on a stabilizer before stitching.

Back of the front with the lining and serged edges
     Because the poinsettia fabric was just a cotton print I added a lining to the front and back to give it more body.

Finished front with trimmed corners
     After framing the embroidered piece, I then trimmed the corners to prevent 'dog-ears' and serged all around.  I but a zipper in the back piece and added covered cord to the front before putting it all together.

Detail of the covered cord
     I think this made a simple but elegant pillow.


No comments:

Post a Comment