Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hooded Fleece Blankets - Christmas 2019 Gifts

Cousins and their hooded blankets

    I like to make a little something for the grandkids each year for Christmas.  Last year I made them reading pillows, this year I found this great idea on Designs by JuJu for hooded blankets. Following her directions I cut out all the pieces.

Rounding the corners

Fleece edges with Christmas colors thread

     Of course I did my own twist on things by rounding the corners of the fleece rectangle and then serged the edges with a fun Christmas color thread.  The only problem I had with the tutorial is that it did not say with dimension was the width and which was the length of the blanket.  As a result, on one of the blankets the snowmen were sideways.  This isn't a problem if it is not a directional print fleece.
Teddy bear blanket

Snowman blanket

Girl elf blanket

Boy elf blanket

     I had fun at JoAnn Fabrics picking out the fleece for each child.  Another problem with the tutorial us that she didn't give yardage requirements, I had to figure that out myself by looking at the measurements for the pieces.

Teddy bear applique

Snowman applique

Girl elf appliqué

Boy elf appliqué

     Then I had the fun of choosing which designs to use,  I used the Christmas Peekers 1 set for my designs.  I used the cute teddy bear for the youngest and the snowman for his big brother.  For my granddaughter and her big brother I used the elf designs.  I also used the same fabrics for the applique when possible to tie them all together.


     They seemed to really enjoy the blankets and I hope they use them while reading the books that I also gave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment