Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Trivets - Christmas 2019 Gifts

Finished poinsettia trivet

     This past Christmas I made trivets for the adults in my family.  I bought the design from Embroidery Library.  I printed out the die-line templates and cut out all my pieces.


Pieces for a dozen trivets

     Once the pieces were all cut, (back plaid piece, green and red front pieces and Insul-Bright insulated batting pieces) which took some time, I then wound bobbins of the three different colors, red green and yellow.

Back of the trivet

     Following the directions from Embroidery Library I hooped tearaway stabilizer and stitched and placed the pieces in the correct order.  For the final stitching after putting on the back piece, I changed the bobbin each time to the matching thread.  This made the back look as nice as the front.

     This project used a lot of thread so I was constantly changing thread and winding bobbins especially since I made 12 of them.  They were a hit with all the family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment