Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Attic Windows Jungle Animals Quilt

Cozy corner in our basement

     Our basement is finished with part of it being an in-home theater with red walls and black couches.  As such, I have made many red, black and white quilts and pillows for it.

Finished Attic Windows quilt

     This one is a small lap size.  The pattern I used was from a book called Attic Windows Quilts with a View by Diana Leone and Cindy Walter.  I fussy cut the animals and then used red and black for the frame.  A grey stripey fabric was used for the ledge and second border.

Block Detail
     
     Red, grey and black giraffes were the outer border.  I cut the fabric the along the length for the side borders so the giraffes were all right side up.

Border Detail

     The backing is black, grey and white zebras.  I used the black for the first border and the binding also.
Backing

     I made paper pieced label for the back and used a fabric marker to write my name.

Paper pieced label

     A fun side note to this, I made this quilt in 2001 and just recently used the leftover giraffe fabric and the grey stripey one to make masks.  It has only been waiting 19 years to be used again.

No comments:

Post a Comment