Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Beginning Sewing June 8 2020

Mona's Projects

     For my first sewing camp during this COVID time I had two girls that are friends that wanted to learn to sew.  We wore masks the whole time inside, kept 6 feet apart as much as possible and used a lot of hand sanitizer.

Nielli's Projects

     I am using the Avery Lane program now with last summer being the first time I used it.  The girls picked up everything so quickly I had to come up with a couple of extra projects.



     The first project was a patchwork pillow.  They had a lot of fun picking fabrics and then arranging them.  I did all the pressing so that I would be the only one touching the iron.  They did all their work at their own table to help prevent any possibility of infection.






     The second project was a drawstring bag.  This was done after learning about seam finishes.  These are just the right size to hold their three ring binders with their sample stitchouts.



     Their third project was a book bag/cross body bag.  For this project they had learned how to sew curves and how to grade the curves so they would lay nicely.

     Then we made pincushions with felt and fancy stitches on the machine.  Lastly I took them up to my sewing area where I showed them an embroidery program and allowed them to type out a name and then to stitch out on my embroidery machine.  They had a great time choosing a font and then a color.  I just stitched them on white felt and they were able to take that home also.  A great four fun filled days.   

No comments:

Post a Comment