Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Colorful Cubes Quilt

Quilt in place

     Another quilt from our basement.  This one again has more colors but still has red, white and black.

Blocks detail

     I took a class at Barrington Sewing Center with Connie.  We used the book Big Book of Building Block Quilts by Sara Nephew.  The quilt used eight hues.  I chose yellow, brown, green, black, blue, purple, pink and red.  This was mostly based on what I had in my stash as you only needed 1/3 yard pieces of each of the 24 fabrics.  I only had to buy 6 pieces of fabric to get my blocks.

Quilting detail

     The three different shades of each color made such really cool three dimensional blocks.  With help from Connie, it really wasn't that hard of a quilt.  I added a black border and colorful backing fabric.  Threadplay, Machine Quilting by Joni did the quilting for me.  She did a border quilt design and then an overall swirly design in the blocks.

Label

     I used the software on my computer to create a stack of cubes embroidery design with different fills to use on my quilt label.

Finished Colorful Cubes Quilt
     
     A fun and colorful quilt to keep warm while watching movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment