Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Hot Chili Peppers Quilt


In place in the basement



     This is the last of the quilts from my basement.  This one has the red and black but also has purple, not the most usual combination,  I chose the colors based on the colors in the chili peppers of the background fabric.

Blocks and border

     This quilt is from the book Log Cabin Quilts, A Brand New Story by Karen Murphy.  The quilt is One Room Only on page 28.  I made this quilt to teach a class at Barrington Sewing Center.  Kept it simple by using just three fabrics and used the same fabric for the binding as I did for the border.  Nice soft mottled red flannel fabric on the back.

Quilting detail

     The quilting was done by Barrington Sewing Center and uses a chili pepper motif to play up on the border fabric.

Label

     I made a label in my software using some chili pepper designs I had.  I like the shadow stitching on them, gives them a little more depth.

Finished Quilt

     A fun quilt with the blocks set on point and an unusual color combo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment