Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Car Crazy Quilt

In place on the recliner

     I am continuing with my basement quilts.  We have several down there because when we go down there to watch movies it can be quite chilly.  This one is Car Crazy, a quilt I made in 2002 while taking a class at Barrington Sewing Center.

Blocks made

    In the class, we learned four different blocks.  I opted to make four of each so I could have a lap quilt instead of a wall hanging.  The car fabric was my focal fabric while the black and white was my 'theme' fabric that appeared in each block.  I also used it for my sashing and binding.  The other fabrics were picked from the car fabric print.

Border details

     The borders were the red and the car print.  For this quilt I opted to add both side borders before adding the top and bottom borders.
Backing

     Since I had quite a bit of the fabrics left, I chose to piece them together for the backing.  It makes for a fun look on the back.

Quilting detail

     I had Lofty Pursuits Quilting do the quilting with just a simple meandering pattern in black thread.

Label

     I made a label with my software and embroidery machine.

Finished Car Crazy quilt

     This quilt has a few more colors than the previous two but still sticks with the red, black and white theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment