Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Birthday T-shirts 2020

 


    For the grandkids, I make them a t-shirt for their birthday and then contribute to their college fund.  I try to find fun knits that they would like.


     For the oldest I chose monster trucks, he loves his vehicles.  I used a McCall's pattern that I had bought back in 1997.  T-shirts and shorts haven't really changed much for kids.


     For the only granddaughter, I found a pink knit with silver and purple sequin flowers.  She loves pink and purple and sparkles.  I used the same McCall's pattern.  I didn't like though that there were sequins inside the shirt in the seams.  I spent hours removing all those sequins from the seams.  I was still finding sequins in my sewing room months later.


     The next grandson is dinosaur crazy.  His birthday was soon after being shut down for COVID-19 so there was no party for him.  I had a yard sign made and we delivered it and his shirt on his birthday.  Even though it was chilly outside, he immediately stripped off his jacket and other shirt and put it on.  He was so excited.

     The youngest got a t-shirt that was made from leftover fabric from his brother's from last  year.  I thought the crazy monsters suited him just fine.  I used the Kwik Sew book for toddlers for his t-shirt. 

     We were all supposed to go on a family vacation in July so I had decided to make them matching outfits.  In January and February I cut out the shorts and t-shirts.  I bought fabric to match their birthday t-shirts and white knit for the tops.  Then everything got shut down and we had to cancel the vacation.  I did go ahead and sew up their outfits though as they were already cut out.  I had a fun embroidery design from Designs Bu JuJu.  It said Cousin Crew and was a Christmas design.  I just left off the snowflakes and it was great for their t-shirts.


     We were able to have them over for a cousin sleepover in August.  They modeled their birthday t-shirts and then their cousin ones.  Man, these kiddos just make my heart melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment