Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

First Communion Mask

 

First Communion mask


     My grandson is going to make his First Communion in May.  Masks will still be required in church at that time so my daughter asked me to make him a special mask for his special day.  She wanted it to have some special meaning so she asked if I still had fabric left from my mother-in-law's wedding dress.

     Several years ago I became the keeper of the dress and at the time I made pillows for her two daughters embroidered with the names of their parents and their wedding date.  I did still have the rest of the dress.  I used the dress for the outer layer of the mask but a cotton fabric for the inner layer.  I found a cross design in my stash of designs, this one was in a Christening set that I had bought.  I used a gold metallic thread and set the machine to its slowest speed to avoid breakage.

Embroidered cross

     My grandson will have his grandparents, one great grandma and other relatives to help him celebrate his special day plus a part of another great grandma as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment