Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

My Hearts a'Flutter Top

 

Finished top

     Spring is here so that means summer weather will be here soon.  I bought this linen from Italy from Cutting Line Designs back in June of 2019.  I didn't get a chance to sew it right away, but I put the project on my list for 2021.

Pattern

     I had made myself a sleeveless top previously from this pattern (which appears to be out of print) and I really like the fit.  The directions are very detailed and I just take my time and it turns out great.  I pre-washed the fabric in cold water as I knew I was going to wash it afterwards.  

Fabric

     When I was cutting the bottom piece, I was thinking about how I would have to match all the stripes, not fun in my opinion.  I had enough fabric to cut them horizontally which I think also highlights the piecing better.  I did have to match the stripes on the sides, but much fewer of them to do.


Topstitching detail

     I can't wait for some warm weather to finally wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment