Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

First Quilt for Gabriel

 

Finished quilt

     This is the latest baby quilt I did.  This one is for my newest grandson.  I had bought a fat quarter bale consisting of 10 fat quarters from Millhouse Quilts back in March 2009.  I had bundled up the fabric with a couple of other pieces and labeled it as to what quilt I was planning on doing.  However when it came time to make the quilt, I couldn't find the book.  I figure I must have gotten rid of it one time when I was trying to purge my sewing room thinking I didn't like any of the patterns.

Blocks

     I found another pattern I liked in a book called 12-Pack Quilts.  I chose the Picnic Quilt.  That meant though that I needed a couple more fat quarters and some other fabrics.  I did find some pieces in my stash that worked well plus had to buy some other fabric. 

Border and binding

      The first border was originally going to be the binding on the other quilt.  The plaid was from my stash that I had bought on sale, end of bolt deal.  The yellow binding is from JoAnn Fabrics as well as the flannel for the back of the quilt.

Flannel back with quilting

     Joni did the quilting using a fun baby blocks pattern.  From some of the leftover fabric. I bordered the quilt labels that I embroidered and then sewed them to the back of the quilt.  This one is bigger than most of my other baby quilts finishing at 78 x 78.  

Label one

Label two

     This quilt was fun to make though I do see now that I finished it, one of the rows isn't in the right spot.  Oh well, I'm sure Gabriel won't notice.


No comments:

Post a Comment