Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Fall Small Block of the Month

Small BOM quilt

 

     I thought it would be fun to share this fall themed BOM (block of the month) quilt with you.  I took a class at Quilt Play in Grayslake using the book Collaborative Quilting and making different liberated or wonky blocks.  

House block

     I opted to make two quilts, one a regular sized quilt and then this smaller wall hanging.  I chose my border first and then used scraps and stash fabrics for the blocks based on the fun colors in the border fabric.  I even added some embellishments to add some interest.

Corner with binding and borders

     I had fun mixing and matching different fabrics and the color scheme of orange and purple is a bit unusual.  I did the quilting myself as it was just a wall hanging.  I did stitch in the ditch quilting.

Back

     Even the back was a mix of fabrics, a fun way to use up leftover fabric.  I made to to make a label also. You should always label your quilts so generations to come will know who made it.


No comments:

Post a Comment