Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Halloween Wall Hanging

 

Halloween wall hanging

       Even though I made this many years ago I thought I would share it today as Halloween is fast approaching.  I found a pattern in the Fons & Porter magazine for a Wonky Jacks quilt.  I thought it looked like a lot of fun but also a lot of work.  I also had gotten an appliqué kit with Halloween designs.  

     The kit was from Dalco Home Sew and included all the appliqué pieces pre-cut.  It also included the machine embroidery designs on a floppy disc.  I did the appliqué designs on a fun Jack-o-Lantern print.  The Wonky Jacks were paper pieced.  Instead of paper piecing the candy corn blocks, I used my Kalido-Ruler to cut them.

     To quilt the layers, I used invisible thread and did zigzags in the sashing strips and free motion in the blocks.  I then embellished it with some fun Halloween buttons that I removed the shank from and glued in place.

     I love pulling it out every Halloween and hanging it up, it makes me smile.     

No comments:

Post a Comment