Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Along the Lines Pillow

 

Along the lines pillow


     Here is another pillow in my olive, teal and taupe collection.  For this one I followed an old article I cut out from Sew News magazine.  This fabric was probably not the best choice as it was quite thin and 'crisp'.  The article suggested a linen fabric which I think would have been much better.

Article from Aug/Sept 2014

      I cut my front fabric into a square and didn't trim the dog ears as the strips made a very geometric pattern.  I cut all my strips of fabric and used the bias tape maker to form the bands.  I then applied Steam- a-Seam to the back.  Next came the fun part, arranging all the strips.  I had to weave them in and out to form the pattern.  Then I removed the paper backing from a few strips at a time and pressed them in place.  This was the hardest part of the process, keeping everything aligned just so.

Corner detail

      I chose not to add any cording, just kept it a knife edge like the article showed.  I added a napped sateen lining and serged around all the edges.  The napped sateen added some needed body to the fabric.  The backing piece was plain with a zipper.

Olive, teal and taupe pillows

     Not sure I would ever do this for a client, it was a lot of work and probably took 3 to 4 times as long a plain knife edge pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment