Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Fall Table Runner and Napkins

 


     This is the last in the series of Christmas 2021 gifts blogs.  For my three children and and my college friend, I made table runners with matching napkins.  I thought this would be a fun way to decorate for the seasons/holidays without a lot of storage space needed.  I started with fall and will make a different set each year for Christmas.


     The pattern I chose was Fat Quarter Table Runner II from Out of the Blue.  I had made a few of these for myself and knew they were easy but fun.  The pattern calls for 4 fat quarters, backing fabric, binding fabric and batting.  


     I wanted napkins also to go with the runner.  After figuring out yardage, I bought 3 yards each of four coordinating fabrics.  I then cut four fat quarters from each fabric, four 18" x 18" squares for the napkins, and the rest was for the backing and binding.  On these fall ones, I bought a fifth fabric that I cut on the bias for the binding.  


     I matched the napkins to the center square.  I used the rolled hem on the serger with Wooly Nylon thread in one of the loopers to create the napkins.  The backing fabric also matches the center square.  It was a lot of fun making these.


     Check back next year for which holiday/season I make next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment