Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Valentine Pillow

 

Valentine Pillow

     I have a pillow on a chair in my family room that I like to change the cover on it for the different seasons.  I wanted one for Valentine's Day but still wanted it to match the room.


     I had gotten this embroidery pattern from Embroidery Library and thought it would be great to use for the pillow.  I embroidered it on an off-white linen like fabric using rust colored thread.


     Using pattern paper, I lightly traced the outline of the design.  I then folded the paper in half and drew a line one inch beyond it to create the pattern for the window in the pillow.




     I then cut a piece of muslin larger than the pattern.  Using some pattern adhesive spray, I placed the pattern on the muslin.  Then I used an erasable fabric marker to trace the pattern.





     I then pinned the muslin piece onto the right side of the pillow front in the center.  Using a small stitch I carefully sewed on the traced line.




     I trimmed away the inside of the heart, leaving about a 1/8" seam allowance.  I then turned the muslin to the inside and pressed and then pinned it in place.



     I then placed Wonder Tape all around the opening.  This would allow me to securely place the embroidery for stitching.




     After making sure the embroidery was in the proper place, I stitched close to the opening with matching thread.  Then I trimmed the muslin and embroidery, leaving about 3/4" beyond the stitching.


     I then serged a piece of lining to the back to hide all the ugly.  I constructed the pillow then in my usual manner, adding trim and a zipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment