Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Cowl Winter Top

 

Cowl top

     This is the last of the three tops I made for myself this past winter.  I had three yards of this nubby knit fabric in my stash.  I bought it back in January of 2002 so it was twenty years old, time to be used.

Pattern used

     I had bought this pattern back in 2018 because I liked it.  When I was making up my list of items to sew I paired this four year old pattern with the twenty year old fabric and had a fun, warm top for winter.  The fabric is a bit heavier than the fabric on the pattern picture so the top flares more.  Because the sleeves are fitted, I am not able to wear a long sleeved top under it.  I did wear it with a tank top though that I tucked in so my torso wouldn't get chilled.

Fabric detail

     The pattern and fabric were easy to work with though the fabric did leave little nubs when cutting.  Not as bad to clean up as the fleece top though.  I think I may try this again out of a lighter weight knit next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment