Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Grey Cheetah Cozy Top

 

Grey cheetah print top

     This is the second of the three tops I recently made for myself.  When I was at JoAnn fabrics for something else, I saw this oh so soft fabric.  I like animal prints and grey is one of my good colors. I bought enough to make the pattern I used for my last top but when I actually did my measurements I realized I needed to go up a size and didn't have enough.

Great Copy Club alteration


     Back to the drawing board for a pattern.  In my binders from Great Copy Club, I found the directions for a relaxed turtleneck.  A couple of my other choices, I didn't have enough fabric.  I found the base pattern on my pattern shelf and went to work.

Base pattern

      I used both my serger and sewing machine for the construction of the top which went together quickly, thought did make a mess of my sewing room.  I do miss all the inspiration from Great Copy Club.

Close up of the neck finish

     This top was so soft and cozy.  I wore it both as an over top and just by itself, alas it is packed away for next fall/winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment