Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Easter Bucket

 

Finished Easter Bucket

     I bought these fabric buckets several years ago to embroider for the grandkids.  I have done them as Easter baskets and I have also done them as Halloween buckets.

Before embroidery

     Since this is a finished item, I needed to figure out how to hoop the item to do the embroidery.  With these fabric ones, versus the vinyl ones, I am able to hoop the fabric. 

Taking it apart

     I start by taking apart the basket/bucket form the inside.  I removed the bias tape that was covering the raw edges.  Then I separated the outer fabric from the lining vinyl at the bottom.  I didn't have to remove all of it, just a little over half to be able to hoop.  Then I hooped just the outer fabric and did my design.

Putting to back together

     I then just put everything back together using my wonder clips to hold the bias tape in place while sewing.

Inside

     What is really nice about this method is that there are no stitches showing on the inside.  Next I will have to do his Halloween bucket.  Those are a bit more challenging.


No comments:

Post a Comment