Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Autumn Falls Quilt

 

Autumn Falls Quilt

     I love fall colors and when I see a quilt kit or fabric that says fall to me I tend to buy it.  I bought this kit in October of 2019 at Patched Works on my way to quilt retreat.  The kit had nineteen different batik fabrics.  


Block detail
     

     The directions were to cut squares to make the HSTs (half square triangles).  I prefer to make my HSTs using Thangles.  This method uses strips of fabric, pinning on the Thangles paper and then sewing.  You then cut then apart and remove the paper and have perfect HSTs.

Borders

     I cut all my strips and placed them in labeled sandwich baggies at home.  I then was able to sew the blocks at retreat in October of 2021, making sure I kept them labeled.

Backing

     In January of 2022 I had time to put the blocks together with the sashing strips and borders.  For the backing fabric, I found the perfect piece in my stash from my friend Joni.  I took it all then to her and she quilted it using a falling leaves pattern.

Quilting detail

     Then it was time to do the label and add the binding.  I finished the last of the hand sewing of the binding while on vacation this summer.  Not too bad for me, less than three years from buying to finished product ;-)
Label


No comments:

Post a Comment