Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Quilt for Josephine Marie

Quilt for Josephine

 

     My husband's nephew and his wife had their first baby!  A little girl!  


Block detail

     I found a fun fat quarter bundle and pattern at the Sew Expo in June of 2021.  I cut the pieces at home so I could sew it up at retreat in October 21.  Unfortunately I cut my first square wrong so I had to refigure the other pieces.  Then at retreat I realized I had cut another one too small.  Overall the quilt turned out to be a lot smaller than it should have been.

Border and binding

     I went on-line and found the same fabrics so I bought enough to add a border and also some for the binding.  

Backing with the meandering quilting design

     Bought some pretty, soft flannel at JoAnn's for the backing and had it quilted by Second Street Stitch.  Then I made the labels and stitched on the binding.   A cute quilt even though I messed it up a couple of times.

Baby info quilt label

Quilt label


No comments:

Post a Comment