Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Brisbane Top

 

Brisbane top in a floral knit

     I found this fabric at JoAnn Fabrics back in August of 2021.  At the time I also bought a McCall's pattern to use with it.  I didn't get it made right away and when I did think about making it, I realized I really didn't care for the very close fit of the top.  What did draw me to the pattern was the keyhole opening in the front.

Pattern

     Then this pattern came up in my email and I liked the close fit without it being bodyhugging.  It also had the keyhole opening in the front.  I bought the pdf pattern and printed out the pieces.  I spent at least an hour cutting and taping the pieces together only to realize I can done so for the larger sizes.  Back to the start.  

Close up of the keyhole opening
 
     I did find the directions a little confusing when doing the opening but once I figured out how it worked, it went together well.  I love how it fits and the knit fabric is so soft.  I would like to make this as a dress but I think I would go up a size in the the waist and hips so it skims the body more.
     I am looking forward to trying more of her patterns, I just need to remember to watch which sizes I print out and to allow plenty of time to construct the pattern pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment