Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Breensgiving 2022

 


     This past Sunday was our Thanksgiving.  We call it 'Breensgiving' as it is the Sunday our family gets together to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday.  I used to make all the food but several years ago I decided to let the other family members help.  I send out an Evite a few weeks prior and provide a list of possible things to bring.  I do provide the meat course.  This year I made Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin.  It was nice because I didn't need oven space for it.  I also made a turkey breast for those turkey lovers.

Table in the dining room

     I also needed to provide an appetizer and one side dish.  I made Baked Bacon Cheese Dip.  It was really yummy.  The recipe more than filled the bread I had so I used a small casserole dish to bake the extra.  Maybe if I make it again I would have two loaves of bread.  I prepped everything the night before so I just had to bake it before the guests arrived.

Appetizer

     After finding out my daughter was making mashed potatoes and my daughter-in-law was making honey glazed carrots, I chose to make Twice Baked Butternut Squash as the third side dish.  Again, another yummy recipe.  I did bake the squash the night before and make the filling.  I refilled the shells and then refrigerated everything overnight.  I pulled them out in the morning to warm up and then baked them the second time just before eating.

Squash
 
          I do set the table with china, silver and crystal.  It does mean a bunch of dish washing but everyone helps and it looks so pretty.  As usual there were a lot of leftovers, I sent everyone home with some so we don't have to eat them for weeks on end.

Pork tenderloin

     Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment