Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Stocking for Selena

 

Christmas owls for Selena

     A few years ago my sister asked me to make a Christmas stocking for her new granddaughter, Tegan, and she wanted owls on it.  I found them at Designs by JuJu. This year my sister needed another stocking for her newest granddaughter, the little sister of Tegan.  She wanted them to be similar so I used the owl designs again but some different ones. 

Design placement

     I chose the designs I wanted to use and printed out full size templates of them  I then arranged them on the cut stocking pattern and used blue painters' tape to hold them in place.  I marked the crosshairs with pins and then placed the fabric on sticky paper in the hoop and stitched out the designs.  


Stitching out the first owl

     The pattern I used for the stocking is from Embroidery Library.  When I bought some Christmas stocking designs for my grandkids, this pattern was part of the pdf instructions.  


Adding the lining

     I line my Christmas stockings because I like how they look better.  After stitching right sides together of the outer pieces and the lining pieces, I place the lining inside the stocking, wrong sides together and baste around the top opening.  


Cuff all stitched

     I stitch the name onto the cuff fabric and then sew it into a tube and then sew it together with the stocking, making sure I add in the loop hanger.


Finished



No comments:

Post a Comment