Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Star of the Week Backpack

 

Star of the week backpack

     Many years ago I made a special backpack for my daughter to use for her kindergarten students.  That backpack finally wore out and she needed a new one.  I couldn't find the pattern I had used before so I searched on Pinterest and found one.

Embroidery on the front

      I wanted to use sturdy fabric but didn't have any canvas fabric in my stash.  Instead I turned to old jeans.  I cut apart a couple of pairs to get the pieces I needed.  I then embroidered the front of the backpack.  For the lining I used some flannel I had in my stash.  

Using Wonder Clips

     The directions for the size of pieces needed weren't accurate but I figured out what I needed to cut.  I used Wonder Clips instead of pins because of the thickness of the fabric.  

Using a hump jumper

     Where the straps were inserted into the bag, it was very thick.  I used a hump jumper to level out the foot so it would sew properly plus I also used a large denim needle.

Inside

    I do like how there are no raw edges anywhere, nice and neat inside.  I hope this one lasts for years like the last one.

Top of the bag


No comments:

Post a Comment