Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Busan Top

 

Busan top

     I made myself this stretch velvet top.  I had bought the pattern a while ago and the fabric was in my stash.

Pleated sleeve cap

     The top had a couple of unique features.  The first is this pleated sleeve top.  It makes for a roomy sleeve without a lot of bulk.  I wasn't sure how this would work with the stretch velvet but it lays nice and smooth.

Extra long cuff

     The second unique feature was this extra long cuff.  This makes it fitted around the lower arm and makes it so much easier to put on a jacket or sweater.

Neckline

    The crewneck is fitted without being constricting.  I definitely want to make this pattern again.  The directions were easy to follow.  I used my serger for most of the construction with some help from the sewing machine for basting the sleeve and the cuff.

Pattern

     This is the second pattern I have made from Itch to Stitch.  It is a bit of a pain to print out the pattern and tape it together but not hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment