Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Autumn Yellow Brick Road Quilt

 

Autumn Yellow Brick Road quilt

     Just finished this quilt at retreat a couple of weeks ago.  I saw the Fat Stack of autumn colored batiks at Patched Works and bought it immediately.  I used the Yellow Brick Road pattern which uses 12 fat quarters for a lap size, 57" x 75".  I did use leftover blocks in the four corners of the border.

Backing

     The border and backing fabric were in my stash.  The border I used in another quilt, a wall hanging I did in 2010.  The backing was from my friend Joni when she was cleaning out her stash.

Quilting detail

     Joni also did the quilting using a fall leaves pattern.  I made a couple of labels on my embroidery machine and sewed the binding to the front of the quilt at home.  I then did the hand sewing to the back at quilt retreat in March 2023 while sitting in the recovery boots. (still recovering from knee surgery)

Label 1

Label 2

     I did add a bit of design to the one quilt label.  I was reminded by my friend Eileen that I should be putting the year I did the quilt onto the label also.  I need to remember that for the next ones I do.  This quilt looks great in my family room.


No comments:

Post a Comment