Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Breensgiving 2023

 

Table setting

     This past Sunday was our Breensgiving, Thanksgiving with the Breen side of our family.  This year was a bit bittersweet as my mom passed away just last Sunday.  We had the wake and funeral during the week and decided to still get together for Breeensgiving.  Also our son, daughter-in-law and grandson did not come in as she is expecting baby #2 any day now.  Our son did come in for his grandma's funeral but had to get home again.

Breensgiving table

     This past year I bought new fall leaves glasses and also some napkin rings.  I was tired of tying the ribbons from before.  The main course was beef.  I made sweet potatoes in the crockpot but left off the pecans as some in the family have nut allergies.  I also made spaghetti squash because I was telling the grandkids how the squash looks like spaghetti and they were fascinated by the idea.  I also tried a punch
this year and people could add ginger ale or liquor to it.  I did mine with Fireball and it was quite yummy.  I also made a cranberry dip that everyone likes.  The other guests brought salad, rolls, desserts and other appetizers.
Cranberry dip

Thanksgiving cocktail

Spaghetti squash

Sweet potatoes

     My daughter and granddaughter made a wonderful cornucopia of desserts.  It was so festive. 

Cornucopia of desserts

     Despite the somewhat sad undertone to the day, everyone had a good time.  I was glad I chose to go ahead with it.
Fun time with grandpa



No comments:

Post a Comment