Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Zippy Bag for my Daughter

 

Front of the purse

     My daughter works as a kindergarten teacher.  She likes to keep her phone on her plus a couple of other things but doesn't always have pockets.  I have made her a couple of small purses in the past to carry these items but the last one just wore out again.

Back of the purse

     I decided to make something a little more substantial this time.  While going to my retreat in October, I stopped in at Blue Bar Quilts.  My first time there.  I found a pattern for a zippered crossbody bag with multiple pockets.  I bought some fun bright pencils fabric.  They also had all the hardware and zippers that were needed to make the bag.  

Pattern

     The directions were very good.  I cut and labeled the pieces as they suggested and then just followed the steps one by one.  The only thing I did wrong was not having the zippers opening in the same direction.  If I make this bag again I will have to watch that more closely.  

Purse hardware


     It might be fun to add some batting and embroidery to the outside pieces.  I think I will make another one just to play around with it some.

Strap slide



No comments:

Post a Comment