Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

J Stern Tee Take 2

 

Brown print tee

     Last summer I made a t-shirt after taking a class at the ASG Conference.  It fit okay but I felt the shoulders were too narrow and the neck just a touch too high. To see that tee click here.

Shoulder detail

     After emailing with Jennifer, I widened the front shoulder piece and also added the same to the back shoulder.  I also scooped out the neck in the front about an inch.  After making those alterations to my paper pattern, I cut out the fabric that I had bought at the 2022 ASG Conference from Nancy Nix-Rice.  I added a binding to the neck as I wanted a little nicer finish.  It fits so much better.  I have worn it a couple of times already and I can see how it can go with so many pieces in my closet.

First one made

Second one made

     You can see in these photos how much nicer the sleeve hangs.  This is a great pattern for a 'basic' t-shirt that is slightly more elevated.  

Pattern used

     If you ever have the chance to take a fitting class with Jennifer Stern-Haseman, do it.  You will not be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment