Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Letterman Jacket

Letterman Jacket

     I was asked to sew on some patches onto a letterman jacket.  When my kids were in high school, we only bought them the windbreaker style jacket so I didn't have any experience sewing onto a heavier jacket.

Jewel's Tape

     Since I knew I wouldn't be able to pin the patches in place, I used Jewel's Tape that I had gotten for my home decor workroom sewing.  It worked out great to hold everything in place while I sewed.

Zippered lining

     To my surprise, I saw that the lining had a zipper that allowed one to get to the inside of the jacket without going through the quilted lining.  This made the sewing so much easier as I didn't keep that in place also.

Numbers on the sleeve

     Getting the numbers onto the sleeve was trickier since it is a small area and is leather.  Once again though because I didn't have to go through the quilted lining it was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment