Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Antrim Dress

 

Antrim Dress

     I had bought this fabric at an ASG Conference, maybe a few years ago.  I was going to initially make a skirt and top but when I saw the pattern for the Antrim Dress, I decided to make a dress instead.

Getting started

     The pattern is from Itch to Stitch.  I printed out the sizes I wanted and then taped all the pieces together.  That usually takes me a couple of days.  Then I had to get my cutting table cleared off so I had room to cut  out the fabric.

Don't eat my fabric!

     The fabric is a soft knit and I was having problems with the machine 'eating' the fabric when I started stitching.  I tore small pieces of tear-away stabilizer and used those to begin the stitching.  Problem solved!  At times the instructions seemed hard, but I just did it step by step and it turned out great.

Side gathering detail

     The 'waistband' of the dress is two layers with the inner layer smooth and the outer layer gathered at the side seams.  Because the knit is so soft, I'm not sure how well the gathering will hold in the middle of the band.  
Bodice detail

     It has a pretty crossover bodice with just a bit of gathering where it attaches to the 'waistband'.  It also has pockets!
Pattern

     I'm looking forward to wearing what I hope to be a flattering and comfortable dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment