Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Busy October

Table Rock Lakeshore Trail


     After our race weekend, things have been kind of hectic here.  The weekend after the race, my husband did a 2 1/2 day training for citizen emergency response.  It was Friday evening, and all day Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday we had our family dinner at our daughter's house.  Unfortunately my mom wasn't feeling up to it and our daughter-in-law had to fly east for a friend that needed help.

     Our son helped our son-in-law get things moved to a storage place so we could get the baby's room set up.  We pulled up the carpeting in the small bedroom and then started to remove the old flooring tiles.  It was very slow going as it was breaking into tiny pieces as we were trying to remove it.  I got hold of my hubby (just finishing his day of training) he borrowed a heat gun and other tools from a neighbor.  Well that did the trick.  We heated those tiles and they just pried off.  It left a sticky mess though on the floor.  It turns out that wasn't a problem as the new flooring they bought had a soft underlayment that had to go down before installing the bamboo floor.  A neighbor of their's helped with that and it looks great from the photos I have seen.


Table Rock Lakeshore Trail

     Wednesday morning we then left for a small vacation in Branson, MO.  It was a 10 hour drive so we didn't get there until after 7.  It was so nice though to be staying at a Wyndham resort because we had a kitchen.  So as he unpacked the car, I started some pasta, heated up some homemade sauce and threw together a salad.  We sat down to a nice leisurely meal with a bottle of wine.

Branson Landing


     The weather was nice in Branson, had a little rain but not much.  Didn't find many places to ride our bikes but we did find great places to hike.  We got in a couple of runs, a little biking and an afternoon of hiking.  Also saw a show and did a little shopping.  And of course we visited a winery and bought a couple of cases.  Peak color for the leaves was probably in another week though we did see some great vistas on our drive.  On Saturday it was warm enough that I was able to sit by the (closed) pool and get some sun for an hour.

     On Sunday we drove home and we had enough time to unpack, get laundry started and watch the Packers game that I had recorded.  On Monday I sorted through the emails and mail and taught in the afternoon.  Tuesday and Wednesday I attended Windows Palooza that was put on by the Chicago WCCA group.  I learned so much again, my head is just spinning.  Now I am trying to get caught up with my sewing and yardwork.


Christmas Cardinals Tempting Table Runner

     I am working on getting together detailed instructions for a class that I will be teaching next week.  I took photos of the steps as I made another sample and have been editing them.  Next up will be the writing.  This is taking longer than I thought it would.


Silver and Blue Christmas Tempting Table Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment