Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chicago ASG Fashion Show



     Here are a few photos from the fashion show on October 13th.

I am modeling a dress from a Simplicity pattern that was one of ASG's patterns for the year.  I also wore this at the ASG conference in Houston for 'Wear Your ASG Pattern' day.  It is made from a cotton fabric that I bought on vacation years ago and I added a lining of tencel that I had in my stash also.



     Here are a couple of my students  modeling their outfits.  Meghan made her dress from a beautiful floral cotton blend.  Doesn't it look so cute with the belt and jacket?  The pattern had a fabric belt but Meghan liked the idea of a skinny belt in a contrasting color.  I think it looks great that way.

     Katie is wearing the peasant blouse and ruffle skirt from Kids Can Sew patterns.  The black skirt has a ruffle of 3 dimensional roses on a netting background.  It looks so cute when she walks as it swishes out. It worth the effort and the extra day she came so she could finish it to wear at the show.

     Many thanks to Julia's grandma for taking these photos for me.  Unfortunately that means I have no photos of Julia.  She wore her round neck blouse and shorts from the Kids Can Sew book.

     I am hoping that a few more girls will participate next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment